20 February 2009

oo2. The Rants & Ramblings Begin, Ho Ho Ho :P

Hello readers :]

Feeling so lethargic these days. I blame it on the weather. Got into the car yesterday and the screen said it's 42 degrees Celcius. It's the heat wave, and it's gonna wipe us all out :O CARPOOL, people :P

On the other hand, I noticed that there are some pretty stupid and plotness movies in the cinema nowadays. Grr, I hate anticlimax and flat movies.

Watched New In Town on Tuesday, and it was a big letdown :\ The plot was predictable, the dialogues were bleh, and the acting was so, so mediocre. Coming from Renee Zellweger, seriously, after The Bridget Jones Diary, Chicago, etc, you'd expect more. Definitely not a movie I'd pay 10 bucks for. And don't even get me started with Four Christmases. It was in time with the holiday spirits, but such a no-brainer; anyone could figure the ending, and there was NO PLOT, period. It was just irritating for me, I'm a total movie bum.

On a lighter note, saw the pictures my Dad took in London on the computer. The outskirts of London are really quaint and so.. cottage-y :D

I want a house like that. Y'know? The basics, nothing overwhelmingly fancy, or something which intimidates people. I love homey houses :D Old cushions, chips on plates, quirky objects with stories behind them; ahh, so adorable :]

________________________

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 8.
Somehow this year, I just don't feel the hype that much. I don't think you really go uphill from the two Davids last year. Seriously c'mon, how do you upstage that? Also, I don't find many outstanding personalities. Heh but anyways, I watch every episode religiously and I do have some favourites :D


My absolute favourite, the one I'm rooting for all the way!

Danny Gokey!
I'm sure many people are gonna be voting for him, he's one of the many strong ones in the competition. He really has a powerful smooth tone :D And his signature smile, haha so humble and cute ;) A great personality as well. I love how he looks so genuine when his bestfriend Jamar Rogers left! Awwh :P

I love the welder and the oil rig roughneck too. It's cool how American Idol has the ability to transform people with ordinary everyday jobs' lives :] Mmm, my favourite girl contestant would be.. Ann Marie. I didn't think her Top 36 performance, Natural Woman, was 'old fashioned' as Simon said. I think she deserves more credit than that. It was a little edgy and strong, and I loved it :]

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Oh where do I begin? Tatiana; she is driving me insane with her mood changes and drama scenes. "I'd like to thank all of you. Thank you SOO much. ALL OF YOU, the cameraman, the producers, all of you! *sobbing*" Seriously?! But it's hilarious as well, laughing with my sisters and Mom about her, lol. I'd like to see Carol watching her, haha her facial expressions and all :P :P :P And this week, it's as if she's having a whole different personality, I was waiting in front of the TV just waiting for her to crack and give us that horrendous laugh of hers again. "My friends told her I never laugh like that" "I guess it's because of the pressure" "My friends said it totally wasn't something I would do" *scoffs* excuses.

Nick Mitchell; I dislike this guy with every fibre of my being. I don't -DON'T- think he should be in the Top 36. Give his spot to Jamar, c'mon! Or someone more deserving. He wasn't even funny. It's just cos he sang better than what was expected from his alter ego, Norman Gentle. I didn't think he showed any star quality at all, and I definitely can't imagine him being American Idol. What was Simon thinking?

Sorry for being harsh, but seriously.
What is wrong with the media today?!

I need my sleep.
Goodnight, loves.

2 comments:

  1. i bet they put norman gentle in just to raise the ratings.
    not a fan either.
    danny is awesome.
    i'm also waiting for adam.(sebut macam nama melayu, kai! Ah-Dam)
    heheh. eh-dem?! adam.

    yeah. nvm.

    londoooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn.

    toodles.
    and btw, my post times are fake. it wont change!! it's whacked out!

    ~> razor, dips, in the july :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I always think of Ah-Dam when I see 'Adam'. haha :P

    Razor, dips, in the july! SO CLASSIC, YO :P HAHA I rmb there were moreeeeeeeee! Haha our book of inside jokes, rmb? Haha :D RMB "NOI JOIKE"? HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

    I MISS YOU MAN :(

    ReplyDelete